Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is Ten Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don’t Get or Ten Characters I LOVE But Others Seem To Dislike.
I have a lot of characters that I love but there are some that just irk me for one reason or another:
- Blue from The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle series) by Maggie StiefvaterShe complains a lot and doesn’t have a good idea of the dynamics between the Raven boys. Her sarcastic quips aren’t funny to me and I feel like she’s too prickly that she becomes insensitive. Minor spoiler: She also went out with Adam even though she doesn’t really like him. She never tried to understand him and help him out of the abusive home life.(She’s one on the right)
Note: These are Stiefvater’s own drawings.
- Amir from The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
WEAK. He knows he’s cowardly so he’s somewhat redeemed by the end of the book.
- Princess Buttercup from The Princess Bride by William Goldman
What does she do right in this book? Shame on you, Will, for portraying the main lead as a dummy.
- Arin from The Winner’s Curse (The Winner’s Trilogy) by Marie Rutkoski
You’re no match for Kestrel but it’s okay, at least she supports you. You’re lucky she’s rooting for you, not full-on going against you because you would’ve long lost, bruh.
- Rowan from Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas
I’m so heartbroken over this one because I don’t really like him enough to understand his major role in Queen of Shadows.
- Four/Tobias from Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth
I don’t get it. He was strong and tough until we got to the third book. I think his love for Tris really broke down in the face of all the adversities. Stay strong, my boy.
- Meghan Chase from The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
You annoying af.
- Ever and Damen from Evermore (The Immortals series) by Alyson Noel
Sadly, I wasted my time reading the entire series. Sad to say that they ended up together but I guess they deserve each other because quite frankly, they’re terrible.
- Katy and Daemon from Obsidian (Lux series) by Jennifer Armentrout
Katy is kind of annoying and she just took the blunt force of Daemon’s bullying ways.
- Massie from The Clique series by Lisi Harrison
She’s just plain spoiled and has no social cues. She destroys so many relationships, she’s shallow, and does not feel remorse for half the crap that she does. I stayed a long time with this series back then because I kept rooting for Cam and Claire.
These picks have been a thorn in my backside for a while because they’re generally well-liked and I don’t see the appeal. It’s okay, they’ll receive lots of love but just not mine.